Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 49 in Spain! (1st week in Leganes)

10/27/14

What an amazing week I have had!

Really Hermana Kuhn and I are working so hard and it hasn't seemed like we've been seeing any progression with people. But then we had a lesson with Maria and her family. We decided to watch the restoration video about Joseph Smith and his first vision because they weren't quite getting it. During the movie was a disaster! Ramiro started having a bloody nose (which I stopped with my nursing skills) and Alvaro was so bad the whole entire time. I'm pretty sure they didn't see any of it. Afterwards we were talking about it and I decided to talk to them about the Spirit and how I know when I feel it and then I just bore my testimony about everything. We left feeling like the lesson was just terrible. We also didn't follow up about the law of chastity lesson and if Maria had spoken to her husband about getting married. A couple of days later we had clases de ingles and Noche de Hogar. The family came as usual and Maria was talking to me afterward. She was talking to Elder Miranda and Hermana Kuhn while I was playing with the kids and she told me that what I said about the Spirit really stuck with her and how she has been feeling a pressure and warmth in her chest and how she wants to get BAPTIZED but how Hermana Kuhn and Elder Miranda said she can’t until she gets married! I was talking to her and made her promise that she would talk to her husband. On Saturday the family came with their DAD! AHHHHH! It was our big ward Pais activity where everyone made food from their lands. Maria was sitting by me and she is starting her marriage papers with her husband!!!! They are going to get baptized!!! I can’t believe it! What a miracle! I love them so much. I have never felt so much love for someone in my whole life. I know heavenly father loves them and wants me to know that.

....Unfortunately we got transfer calls that night a couple hours later and I’ve been transferred to Leganes! Right now I'm in Leganes and loving it. Hermana Clements and I are opening another companionship for Hermanas there. Maria and I were crying so much. She was heartbroken. She knew that it was possible but we didn't think it would happen. Sunday I had a talk and the WHOLE family came and stayed the whole 3 hours with the dad! Then we took pictures and cried. I'm heartbroken, but I know they are going to be baptized and that I had a big part in getting them there. I'm thankful for what I've learned with them and will always love them.

Like I said, I'm in Leganes which is a cute little pueblo outside of Madrid. I'm opening which means that we literally have nothing and are starting from ground zero. I'm nervous and excited at the same time, but ready for it. I know this is where I need to be, even though it hurts. There is a reason for everything. I’ve grown and learned so much. I'm really sad about leaving Hermana Kuhn, we're besties, but we're gonnahang after the mission, so I'm not worried. And her and her new companion will take care of the fam. ugh I had to say goodbye to Ana and Pascual too, that was heartbreaking, but that will have to go in another e-mail.

Hermana Clements is my new companion, she is going to hit 7 months on the mission and I have 11!! She is 19 and is from Spanish Fork Utah. She's a cutie, I'm excited. She loves to sing, another angel voiced companion, and is very animated! FUNFUN! As for Sister Training Leader, I don't think I'm it still. President changes them a lot and I'm in a new area, but we'll see. He calls if you are, but as of right now...we don't have a phone yet:/

Well wish me luck, The packages are fine! You're following all the rules with that so there is no need to worry. As of things I need, nothing right now.  Here I go! Wish me luck!

Hermana Brumble

PS Tell everyone I love them, I'm not going to have time to email everyone else! You're in my heart and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment