Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 46 in Spain! (16 in Madrid)

10/6/14

Thank you so much for all of your birthday wishes! My Birthday was wonderful and I feel so blessed. I could feel everyone's love with me and I feel so blessed to have all of you in my life. I waited to open the package till my birthday, so Hermana Kuhn hid it. We decorated for my Birthday and I made a birthday breakfast. Hermana Kuhn wrote a lot of nice things in our bathroom. Then we got ready and got to conference. We watched the first session (Saturday afternoon) amazing. And then my zone threw me a surprise birthday party! They made a cake, and a piƱata. They made me a card and sang to me! It was amazing and so special I am so blessed to have so many good influences and loving people in my life who care about me. Hermana Kuhn put everything together. She is wonderful and so special. I love her so much. She really wanted to make sure I had a good birthday. I definitely did! But apparently it is a tradition in Spain that you have to take a bite out of your birthday cake....queverguenza (what a shame)! We took videos and pictures that I'm going to try to send. I was also surprised to get beautiful flowers from Sammie and Ben! That was such a wonderful surprise:) President Jackson and Hermana Jackson called me to wish me a happy birthday and they sang to me! So Cute. I had a WONDERFUL Birthday! Also the zoo today was a lot of fun. Elder Ballard and Elder Molina came. Elder Gentry and Elder Giforos came (My Zone Leaders) And Hermana Coburn and her companion (can't remember her name) came. We had a lot of fun and I LOVE the zoo!

Things are going great here! We are working so hard this week, we only got 4 lessons which was really bad, but sometimes that happens and we are working hard so that's all that matters. We are finding some really good people and staying busy with that family. They are so cute I love them so much and know they are going to get baptized. I am so excited, they just love everything we teach them and are growing so much. As far as my calling goes I have to do intercambios (exchanges) with the sisters this week and then report to president with things that are happening. That’s really it, and then nothing until next transfer and the next leadership meeting, if I'm still STL. That could change. It is weird that I'm STL and haven't trained, but one of the most important positions you have on the mission is being a trainer. We'll see if that happens. I'm not sure if I could do that. :)

Conference was so great! We went to Pavones and there were so many people, definitely a lot different from Gijon. Our stake was there and I think there was another stake there. It was really cool. We got to watch Women’s Conference, Saturday Morning and Afternoon and Sunday Morning sessions. I really enjoyed the Women’s Conference a lot and the talk from the Seventy that spoke in Spanish was really good as well. I thought it was interesting how many people spoke about the sacrament. I also liked what Elder Oaks said about accepting others no matter what religion they are from. I thought a lot of people talk about acceptance and being more Christ-like. Elder Holland’s talk was very touching. He gets so passionate about what he talks about and what he believes in. I wish I could speak with as much conviction as he does.

I love taking rides in the mountains during the fall. I miss that so much. We'll have to do that before I go to college. I'm going to have to start thinking about that soon... also work...scary.

My mission has really helped me go back to the basics. Teaching simple gospel principles everyday like Heavenly Father loves us has probably strengthened my testimony more than anything. The gospel is so simple and sometimes I think we get caught up in deep doctrine too much. We need to think about how investigators learn and gain their testimony. Through simple gospel principles, sincere prayer, study and attending our church meetings, we can all be converted. I am so thankful for this gospel and love sharing it more than anything in the world. I have never felt so much love and strength in my life. I have the beautiful opportunity every day to share this good news. I have had the opportunity to help bring our brothers and sisters back to our loving Heavenly Father. I wish I knew before that you don't have to have a tag to help show our brothers and sisters that God loves them. I have felt the love of God for his children which has changed my life. I hope I will be able to apply what I have learned here to my future life.

I love all of you. I miss you every day. I'm not quite ready to go home. Time is moving way too fast and I'm not leaving till I can say I have done all I can to help my Savior in this work. Thank you for your prayers and words of love on my birthday. I have such a special family and am blessed with so much love and support. Thank you!

Hermana Brumble (20 YEARS OLD AND NO LONGER A TEENAGER!)















No comments:

Post a Comment