Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 45 in Spain! (15 in Madrid)

9/29/14

My week has been so slow!!!! It has been a hard, busy week. I've had so many meetings and it seems like I've been traveling nonstop which effected our lessons negatively, but it has been a good week as well. I'm glad it's over though.

My meetings were really good. Elder Giforos, Elder Gentry, Hermana Sanchez and I went to the mission home on Tuesday where we had our meeting with the other Zone leaders and Sister Training leaders. It was really good and we mainly focused on our purpose as missionaries which is to INVITE. We talked about how right now our baptisms for the mission are a lot lower. We talked about why and we think it is fear. It was a really good meeting and I got to see a lot of missionaries whom I've worked with before like Elder Nielson and Hermana Endicott in Gijon and I also met a lot of new missionaries. It was also fun to get to know the zone leaders in our area Elder Giforosand Elder Gentry. They are really good elders and good examples. Hermana Sanchez and I are such a good team!!! She is Spanish and so nice I really enjoyed being with her and learning with her. That night when we got back we found out that we were going to the temple that next morning, so Hermana Sanchez and Hermana Frost stayed with us that night because they're in Sagovia. So we did splits the rest of that night and I learned sooo much! That morning we went to the temple which is always a good experience and then had zone meeting right after that in Pavones. Hermana Sanchez and I only had 15 minutes to prepare, but we did such a good job! The Elders wanted us to talk about inviting our investigators and street contacts. We talked about fear and how we can overcome that fear. We shared the story about David and Goliath and how sometimes we have a huge trial of our courage. Sometimes we have people telling us that this work is too big for us and that we are only a muchacho :) but we have so many things that will help us. We had every companionship pick their 5 rocks that they were going to use against Goliath. It was really an uplifting meeting and I love my new calling. I feel really privileged to have this calling and it has helped me so much. It has really helped me look at what I need to improve on in order to be a good example and has helped me be more bold as a missionary. At our meeting with president he showed us a video of President Monson talking to the new mission presidents and their wives in April of this year. It was fantastic! It has changed my mission! You should look it up. I'm going to send it to Joseph. I just go on exchanges once or twice a transfer with the sisters in our area. Hermana Sanchez is going with the Villalba sisters and I am going with the B5 sisters. Hermana Kuhn is fine with that. She'll probably go to B5 with a Hermana with more experience and her trainee will come to B1 with me.

I definitely wish I prepared a little more for my mission. I've learned so many things that maybe I wouldn't have learned if I did prepare a little more. Our missions are specific to our needs and everything that happens to us here is for our benefit and good.

I am so excited for conference this year and it's on my birthday! What a wonderful opportunity and experience. On Saturday at 4 we are going to see the Women’s Conference and at 6 the Saturday morning session. Then Sunday we are going to see Saturday afternoon at 2 and Sunday morning at 6. We'll miss Sunday afternoon, but I know we are so blessed to be able to see any of it. I'm so excited. One more conference after this and I'll be home! Time is flying by so fast. I'm kind of torn about it. It's bitter sweet. but I'm eternally thankful for this time. I have been changed and molded for my heavenly father and I know I've been blessed.

It sounds like Sammie and Ben are taking great care of Scout. That was such a nice thing. She said they took her to the vet and they said she was soo healthy! What a blessing. :)

I did get the package, I'm not opening it till my birthday! I'm so excited. We are all going to the zoo on the sixth for p-day. I can't believe I'll be 20! I'm sad you won’t be here with me, but I can feel all of your prayers and love. Thank you so much for everything! I love you all so much. I am truly blessed to have so many examples of love and faith in my life. Not many missionaries can say that. Thank you for everything!

Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment