Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 41 in Spain! (11th in Madrid)

9/1/14

How is everything? What’s going on? How is it with one less child to take care of? It sounds like everything went really well, I'm glad. I have been worried all week long about Joseph leaving. I just want him to have the best experience. I got an e mail from him and it sounds like all is well. I's so relieved. Also thank you for sending me pictures, I appreciate that. It is nice to get e mails, but it is different when I can see everyone.

I've had a great week. Nothing unusual, but Hermana Reyes and I have been getting some really good lessons. Everyone right now is having a hard time getting to "Lesson 2" But I know that we talk to people for a reason and even though they don't accept the gospel now, they have a higher chance in the future. Jose and Isabel came back from Ecuador this week and brought Hermana Reyes and I little coin bags. They are so cute, I love them.

There was a huge riot/protest in front of our Piso this week about racism. Hermana Reyes and I had to go back to our piso for a while and do work there. It was pretty intense, but I don't think there was really any danger, our district leader just thought it would be better to be inside. Sometimes when people get really excited, they do stupid things.

I wish I could have been there for Joseph's setting apart. I wanted to so bad. I remember being so nervous. My emotions were going crazy! I'm glad I don't have to do that again. It is funny hearing about Joseph's experience and remembering mine. It sounds a lot different. I think I was the only missionary in the airport for a while. I didn’t want to look back at you and mom in the airport because I knew if I did I probably wouldn’t be here right now. :)

I can't wait to hear all about his mission. Hermano Sanchez, my MTC teacher in my ward went to Uruguay on his mission, he was telling me how much he loved it. Joseph is going to have a great time and I'm so proud of him.

I'm great! I don't need anything. Time is going by so fast. I can't believe I have already hit the half way mark! I'll be home before you know it! Every day I feel like I have so much left to do. I hope when I'm finished I'll have a complete feeling. Everyone says they don't feel ready to go home when they're finished, but I feel like if I know that I did what the Lord has called me to do, I will feel ready, complete and ready to take on my next calling. I am really truly thankful for this experience. I know I talk to people every day who are being prepared, and maybe I am helping prepare them for the next missionary who will cross their path. I know I am here for a reason. I know I have been called to be an instrument in the Lords hands.

As a mission we are reading the Book of Mormon together and we are going to end on Joseph Smith’s birthday. I think it is so cool and every day I feel my testimony of the restoration strengthen. You guys should do it too if you want!

I love you! I'll talk to you soon!

Hermana Brumble










No comments:

Post a Comment