Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 43 in Spain! (13 in Madrid)

9/15/14

I'm GREAT and sooooo excited for this transfer! WHY?? BECAUSE::::::::: Well, I'm staying in Madrid, but I'm getting a new companion. Her name is Hermana Kuhn. She is so sweet. She has 3 transfers in the mission, so I'm definitely the senior companion now. She is 20 years old. I still have yet to be older than my companion....that's a little frustrating. She is from Maryland. She is such a good singer and is going to be famous one day, for sure! Also, my name is no longer Hermana Brumble.....meet Hermana Sister Training Leader Brumble! President called me today while I was making lunch. I'm so nervous! I have to go to the mission home in a week for the meeting he has with all the Zone Leaders. And during Zone Meeting I have to speak. I am also in charge of all the intercambios (exchanges) for the transfer. I'm not sure how prepared I am for that, I'm area training again, I know more Spanish than my companion, and I'm Sister Training Leader. I'm so scared, and I know I'll make mistakes, but I'm going to learn a lot. I'm ready for the challenge and am excited for the new experiences I'm going to have. I can't wait to share them with you.

It is hard when you don't see outward results from your work. But we receive blessings from what we do. Our work NEVER goes unrecognized. I get sad when missionaries are so focused in numbers, they don't realize what they have accomplished or the blessings they have received. Grandma Brumble sent me a picture with this saying, "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may mean the world." We are serving and affecting lives every day, whether we can see it or not. Also, we are preparing fruits for other missionaries. Every fruit from your labor is going to be harvested, by you or other missionaries. There have been two baptisms in Gijon that were people I found and taught, and even though I wasn't there for the end, I was the one who started it. I feel and see results from my efforts through the love I feel from my Heavenly Father. I can tell a difference in how I feel when I know I've worked my hardest and when I haven't. I know heavenly Father is proud of what I've done and that I am progressing, when I can feel his love and spirit around me. When I feel good about my work and when I feel WHOLE. We may not be progressing in the way we expect because what we want isn't apart of God’s plan for us. He knows what we need and in his time, we will receive it. We just need to be patient and faithful, continuing forward with a perfect brightness of hope. Hope has been really important to me on the mission. Hope is having a knowledge that we will receive the blessings the Lord has promised us if we are obedient (PMG). I know this is true

We haven't had any experiences quite as bad as that one. Madrid is a safe place. I know if it wasn’t I wouldn't be here. Even though that was a scary experience, I feel perfectly fine. I know I'm worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost and that If I'm focused I will receive promptings of where I need to be at what time. Whether is it a warning or a spiritual prompting. I know I'm guided by the spirit.

Being kind to others is so important and something I need to work on. Being kind to one another isn't just how you act when you’re around them, it is also your thoughts and actions when they are gone.

Oh, I forgot to tell you where Hermana Reyes went, TENERIFE! One of the most beautiful Islands on the Canaries. She is probably going to finish her mission there! QueSuerte! Maybe I will replace her when she goes home in January, it's possible:)

I love you and miss you guys! Thanks for everything!

Love Hermana Brumble













No comments:

Post a Comment