Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 48 in Spain! (18 in Madrid)

10/20/14

How is everyone? Our week was pretty good, we did a lot and have seen a lot of good things happen with investigators. I decided to write down a couple of things that I wanted to tell you this week so I didn't forget, because that happens a lot:) First, we were in the church waiting for Melisa to come (who fired on us...) and this woman came in who was super nice wanting to know about English classes. She gave us gum:) and then not even 5 minutes later we were still waiting and these two old woman opened the door and peeked in...who said "Hola! Podemos ayudarles?" (Hi! Can we help?) They shut the door when they saw us and then one of them opened it again and asked "Have you seen Jesus here? Has he passed by?" and then she shut the door and was laughing about what she said with her friend! HOW RUDE! I was so mad that an old woman could be such a bully!

On Wednesday we had our district meeting. Elder Ballard decided it would be fun to have a scavanger hunt about scriptures that answer questions of the soul. Hermana Kuhn and I won:) It was fun but after we were talking with the Hermana's from B5 and they said that during their district meeting the Zone leaders were talking to them about how they waste too much time and how they aren't going to get baptisms that way......We felt kind of bad after...
They past two p-days have been filled with traveling to Aluche to do Hermana Kuhn's residency card. The first time we went we couldn't get it because she wasn't empatronized...so we had to go back. Then we went to Pavones to get her empatronized. It takes an hour to get to Povones and she ended up just needing a copy of her empatronizement from the MTC...which took two seconds....and now today we have to travel back to Aluche to do her residency card stuff. It just brings back bad memories of my residency card problems...ugh.
We had a Law of Chastity lesson with Maria and her family. I was so nervous for it. We had decided that we wanted to focus more on why we have the Law of Chastity. So we read a family proclamation to the world and we talked about eternal Marriage and Temples. She was so sweet and really understood everything. During the lesson she asked us "Pienses que soy mala?"(You think I'm bad?) We giggled and said no! Of course not! We talked to her and expressed our love for her. I bore my testimony about you and mom and Mal and Sam and how much eternal marriage means to me, and how we can only have an eternal marriage if we keep the law of chastity. We committed her to talk to her "husband" Everytime I talk with them I can feel that this is their time. I have never felt so impressed in my life to help and teach someone. I have also never felt teh need and rush to get them to baptism. I hope it isn't just me wanting a baptism, but I have so much love for them. They are so special to me.
We had a Noche De Hogar "Family Home Evening" on Friday with the ward and all the investigators. Hermana Kuhn and I taught it. We read in Efesios (I think thats Ephesians in English) about the Armor of God. We had Alvaro (Maria's little boy) Stand in the front of the room and everyone threw paper balls at him. It was so funny he was so excited and just stood and covered his face. Then we dressed him in the armor of God. We made it out of cereal boxes and tinfoil. he had a sword and a sheild everything but a helmet (his head was too big, it fit all the elders...just not Alvaro...) It was a lot of fun and there were a lot of members there talking to Maria and her family. What a blessing.
Saturday there was a baptism of a little boy in our ward. We invited Maria and her family. They loved it, that was so good for them. Then afterward the family had a birthday party for him in the church. Everyone was there having fun. The family had a lot of fun. It was a great night. There was a lot of dancing. Alvaro stole the show with his smooth moves:)
I had a great week. We are seeing the members try to be more involved with the family. It is really touching and I'm so excited for this upcoming transfer.
The transfer calls are this Saturday. I'm terrified! I hope I don't get transferred. It would break my heart! But I know if I do, its because I'm needed somewhere else. I'm just having a hard time with thinking I won't be there to make sure myself that the family gets to baptism, but I need to trust more in other missionaries and Heavenly Father.....that doesn't change my prayers though:)
Change is a struggle for me, but it is so true, especially when it comes to contacting. I have no trouble with changing lessons according to what I feel, but while I'm contacting and I see some success in what I'm doing I stick with it instead of changing it up. Then I get STUCK and we don't recieve anything! The spirit can't work through you in you are in a routine. I need to take a step back and evaluate the things I do and how I do them. When we trust in Heavenly Father and give everything to him and say "I'm in your hands, I'm your instrument" That's when the blessings come.
The Halloween party looked soooo much fun! I miss halloween, they celebrate it here, but as a missionary you can't really do anything. I miss doing stuff with you guys for Halloween. The ward is having a special Pais party the 25, the American family, Hermana Kuhn, Elder Ballard and I are incharge of the United States. We are going to decorate it like Halloween, I'm so excited:) we also might do thriller.....not confirmed:) Since when do you dress up for Halloween!!!
I love you guys! You're in my prayers! Have a great week!

Hermana Brumble





No comments:

Post a Comment