Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 47 in Spain! (17 in Madrid)

10/13/14

It is a lot colder now!

Our week was a ton better than last week! This week we had a lot of blessings. A while ago Elder Giforos called me to ask if I was teaching piano because there was a mom and two kids at English class that night who were interested. So we started teaching them piano this week. Hermana Kuhn talked to Ani, the mom, while I taught the kids. She's from the Dominican Republic and while talking to her she said she had been listening to missionaries in her PaƬs(can't remember the English word) (country)and that she knew the Church is true. We were in awe, we didn’t know what to say, and then she said " the problem is I work internally and can't come to church"....NOOO always! We are praying to try to see how we can work things out. She wants her kids to go to church though, which will be good.

We were also walking down the street and a guy stopped us and said (translated) "Hermanas how are you! I took lessons not very long ago, here's my number, call me and you can come over and teach my family some time." We'll see where that goes. :)

There have been a lot of ups and downs lately which is usual. You just need to make sure the downs don't overshadow the ups.

Hermana Kuhn and I are great! She is such a good example and she works so hard. She has also improved so much during our time together. That has been so fun to see. I've always had older (mission wise) companions, but being able to see someone start out and to still have that fire in them has been such an interesting experience. It has helped me get that MTC excitement back in my teaching. I love Hermana Kuhn, she is really good and helping me feel successful. I love her. We have a lot of plans for when she gets back.

The family is such a blessing for me. They are so special to me and I can feel the love God has for them every time I teach them. I love them so much. Even if they don't get baptized while I'm here, they are special to me. Every time we are in a lesson together I can feel the spirit. Especially with Daniela. She is the 14 year old daughter. I see a light in her and I know she feels the spirit. Every time I bear my testimony to them something lights up in her and you can see in in her face. She is special. But, last week we had a lesson with them and the Law of Chastity was a question that Maria brought up. Maria told us after we explained it to her that her and her husband are not married!!! NOOO! My heart was aching! I just couldn't stop thinking about Gema and Ricardo in Gijon. This can't happen again. I wanted to cry. But after that I felt the Spirit tell me that everything was going to work out if we kept moving forward with them, if we kept being bold with them and if I kept showing them that I loved them and that God loved them. That night I talked to Hermana Kuhn and we realized something really interesting, I have been having HUGE desires to get married lately! I have never wanted to get married so bad in my life... which is so weird. But I thought about it and I think it is because I have so many examples of good and righteous couples in my life. That’s the biggest blessing we could receive from our Heavenly Father. It breaks my heart, but I feel like I have been having these feelings because I need to help them know why marriage is so important. After that night we have been seeing the family and their DAD everywhere! He hasn't been interested at all to meet with us, but I really feel like it's his time. We just need to keep moving forward and get the dad in the lessons with us. With hard work and pray it's possible and I know everything will work out.

Exchanges were this Thursday and it was great! I was so nervous because I really wanted to be a good example to Hermana Whiting. She is being trained right now, it was really interesting because I did twelve weeks with her during our companionship study. I tried so hard that day to help her and really try to feel her needs and look for ways to serve her and Hermana Shill. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot from that opportunity.

This week I also got invited to a sealing. Our Menos Activos (not less active anymore:) are getting sealed and they invited us! I am so touched that they thought of us and wanted us to be there. I am so proud of their progress and now they get to be an eternal family! What a miracle! Unfortunately, as a missionary I can't go...but I will definitely be praying especially for them that day. They are getting sealed November 1.

The miracle of repentance has been on my mind lately. I have been having feelings of inadequacy lately and I've really had to apply repentance. And at the beginning of my mission I really only thought repentance was only something we needed when we make mistakes, but as I've progressed I've learned that repentance is something that has been given to us to help us be better every day regardless of whether or not we've made a serious sin. Repentance is a daily process that helps us feel closer to God. And right now, it is the things that has been critical. When I don't kneel down and night to talk to Heavenly Father about my day, my challenges, my worries and the things that make me happy, I can feel a difference in my life the next day. That to me is the miracle of repentance and the atonement.

I love you and have been thinking about you. Thanks for your example to me and your constant love and support. Thank you for always teaching me who I really am so I can teach others who they are.

Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment