Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 50 in Spain! (2nd week in Leganes)

11/3/14

I love Leganes! I am learning so much. It is a great area with a ton of potential. It is HARD opening an area. I don’t think I have ever had this hard of a time on the mission. We are constantly contacting everyday all day because we literally have nothing! But we received so many people this week and someone even came to church. His name is Angel and he is from Bulgaria. He doesn't talk much but he's our first investigator here. But we went all through this week without a phone! It has been so hard. Everything we have gotten has literally been a miracle. I am never going to take anything for granted ever again! Church was great! The ward is really nice. Our mission leader Jason is so young! He's in his 20's and going on a mission in January to Barcelona. I'm so excited for him!

My Companion is Hermana Clements. She is such a hard worker and is always working constantly. She is from Spanish Fork Utah and such a cutie! She is 19 and sings so good! We are going to sing a duet for Zone Conference, I'm so excited! It’s, “If the Savior Stood Beside Me”. It is a super pretty version and we sound great! She is such a great example. I have never worked so hard, been so tired, or so happy in my whole mission. This area has changed my life and even though I am devastated about not being there for Maria (I think I could go to the baptism) I know I'm here for a reason.

Tomorrow we are getting our phone, por fin (at last)! I'm going to the leadership meeting (I'm still Sister Training Leader) So I'll get it there. I'm so overwhelmed right now. I'm opening an area, I don't have a phone, and I'm the only Sister Training leader in our zone so I have to talk at Zone meeting by myself and do all the intercambios(exchanges). But I'm learning a lot and we are getting a lot of help from the Elders and the other Hermanas here. I'm really thankful.

One night Hermana Clements and I were finishing contacting and we had five minutes left before we could go into the apartment building. We looked for someone to contact and there was no one in sight. So I took the book of Mormon I was holding and opened it. This is the verse I read: Alma 15:16 “Y sucedio que Alma y Amulek- yAmulek habia abandonado todo su oro, su plata y sus objectos preciosos que sehallaban en la tierra de Ammoniah, por la palabra de Dios; y habia sido rechazado porlos que antes eran sus amigos, y tambien por su padre y sus parientes.” (And it came to pass that Alma and Amulek, Amulek having forsaken all his gold, and silver, and his precious things, which were in the land of Ammonihah, for the word of God, he being rejected by those who were once his friends and also by his father and his kindred;) It talks about Amulek and all the things that he had to give up after he was converted. I felt so bad afterward. I was complaining about how hard it was without a phone, how hard it is to open and contact all day, how hungry I was.....I realized how selfish I was being and how blessed I am. We need to be more like Amuleck and give everything to this work. That’s my goal for the rest of my mission - sacrifice and gratitude. I am thankful for the time I have been given here and I am going to make sure that every single second of every single day is a sacrifice to my Heavenly Father.

Leganes is beautiful PS:) I love it. We have Leganes and Getafe. There are some ghetto areas, but most of the time I feel like I am in Harry Potter land. The members are really great too, a little crazy, but so willing to help us. There is a huge graffiti mural of Mr. Bean by our piso! It's legit! And there is Modern Art EVERYWHERE! I love it. There is this huge park right by our capilla (chapel) with all Modern art! So cool.

I live with the other Hermanas, Hermana O'keef and Hermana Davis, in a really nice piso. We never see them. We have everything we need downstairs and they have everything up stairs. It doesn’t feel like I'm living with them. :) I like the Elders here a lot. They have helped us a lot. They took all our baggage for us before we got to Leganes and put it in our piso so we didn’t have to travel with it. They’re great!

Well I love you. I think about you guys all the time! I can't wait to tell you about all my fun opening stories.

Love Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment