Monday, July 28, 2014

Week 36 in Spain! (6th in Madrid)

7/28/14

This week has been the worst/the greatest week (I feel like I say that a lot). We LOST our phone! We were in the bus on Tuesday going to an appointment at the end of the day and our phone fell out of Hermana Reyes' pocket! It was awful! We didn't have anything for this week and we couldn't call any of our investigators, so we were contacting all week long! And it is SUPER hot right now so no one wanted to stop in the street to talk to us! For 16 hours of contacting, we had 2 references! I learned a lot about patience and gratitude for the things you have this week:) but it was a lot of fun, and it helped me a lot attitude wise. The beginning of the week was terrible, but by the end when we got a hang of things, we received some much needed blessings from Heavenly Father. I know he blesses us for our work, it may not be in our time frame, but he does bless us:) The office elders stopped by on Saturday and gave us our new phone. It wasn’t activated yet and they said they were still waiting for the company to send them the activation code. We STILL don't have the activation code, they are going to get a hold of us today....not sure how:) I know it will work out though. What did you do on your mission to get a hold of people? How did you set up and confirm appointments. Did you just have phones in your apartment?

I am so excited for Joseph! That is great news that he was ordained an elder. I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. Also I turned 8 months on his birthday this month! I thought that was so cool! Joseph said he had a really good experience. I am so proud of him. I wish I could be there. I am sure it was very spiritual and really neat. Everyone said you gave a beautiful blessing. The talk we had with the bishop helped a lot. I think that helped more than anything. Just having a talk where I could ask questions and express my concerns. I think the only reason I was nervous was just because I didn’t know what to expect, but after that meeting, I was fine.

Moab sounded so fun! I love Moab, there isn't anything like that over here. How was jeeping? Mom and Joe said it was scary, what happened?

I am so excited for Grandma and Grandpa! I cried when I saw them with their nametags. Are they going to speak a little Spanish?! Grandma and I should take a picture of our tags together when I get back! What a special thing for them to be doing. I am sure they are blessing so many people.

I've been getting a little discouraged lately, but your words and experiences I have had recently has helped a lot. I know Heavenly Father is pleased with the work I have been doing. All I can do is serve with all my heart and fulfill my purpose which is to invite. Heavenly Father will take care of the rest and no matter what, that makes meuna misionera de exito (a successful missionary)!

I love you all and hope that things are well.

Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment