Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 33 in Spain! (3rd wk. Madrid Area)


Tell mom I'm fine, I have the spirit:) The company next to our piso is like a motorcycle repair place:) It isn't the worst street in Madrid and it is actually a really good building:)

Kadee is soooo cute! Que linda! Tell Amee and Jared Felizidades and that I miss and love them tons!

That’s so exciting the basement looks crazy! I forgot what my room looked like:) I hope you didn't have any trouble getting my stuff out. I'm totally fine with Mal and Rob moving into my room....as long as they are fine with the ghost there:)

When we teach the first vision I feel like that sometimes, that I am teaching it to children. The people we teach have never heard anything like this before and don't know anything about Joseph Smith or the restored church. We have to explain it as simply as possible so they can understand it and feel the Spirit testify to them that it is true. They are literally like children. or at least their testimonies are. Preach my Gospel does a really good job at explaining it simply. Also there is a really good cup activity that we use to explain the establishment of the church and the apostasy for children. It also helps us to memorize the first vision and to hold up the picture of it so they can visualize what happened when we are reciting it. The restoration is my favorite lesson to teach because it is so important and really starts everything. After they have a testimony of the restoration, everything falls in place. I can always feel the spirit really strong when I teach it. We have been teaching the 1st lesson to the members recently. I made a lesson for it that focuses more on the restoration and how it is a light in our lives. I start out by reading with them the first vision and tell them to focus on the words darkness, confusion, light, and understanding. Then we read and talk about the words and how the restoration has been a light in our lives. And then we talk about the different things we have from the restoration that acts as lights in our lives and brings understanding and that usually leads to Jesus and how He is a light. Then we read 3 Nephi 11: 10-11 about Jesus then 3 Nephi 18:24 about how we are testigos ( can't remember the English word for that) (witnesses) of Christ and how we are examples of Him. Then we read Mathew 5:14-16 and talk about how we can bring and be the light in others’ lives through missionary work. Then we invite them to pray about someone they can have a missionary experience with and that we would have a follow up lesson the next week para ver que tal (to see how). It is my favorite, people really get excited and it helps to evaluate sometimes what the gospel and the restoration really means to us.

Thanks for the papers from Elder Beeton. They are really good and I think they could do a lot of good things in this ward. Tell him his work is spreading all the way to Europe!

I love that scripture about seeking Christ. It reminds me that we should always think about how we are seeking Him and how we are trying to find Him in our lives but also others. The atonement is such an amazing thing. It has been an amazing experience being around people all the time whose lives have really been affected by the atonement. It helps me to remember to utilize it more and to be more humble and realize the blessings and privileges I have been given.

I have had a great week this week. This week I have seen so many miracles happen. miracles of missionary work and the power of it. First we are teaching a woman named Martha. She is in her 40's and is just beautiful. She is Spanish and a reference from a member. While we were talking to her I felt the Spirit so strong. I could feel Gods love for her probably stronger than anything I have ever felt before. She asked us so many questions and wanted to know how she could be baptized. She is so special and I know God loves and cares about her and has prepared a way for her to find the truth in her life.

I feel so blessed to be here. I love you! I don’t have any more time to e-mail so tell mom I love her and that I send her a letter today! I love you! Have a good week!

Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment