Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 32 in Spain! (2nd week in Madrid)

6/30/14

This week has been slow, but really good. Transfers were a bit crazy. My district leader in Gijon didn’t know anything about what I was supposed to do, so I got off the bus in Madrid, called Hermana Reyes on a payphone, and found out she wasn't supposed to pick me up until around 6:30! I got to Madrid at 3:30! So I had to take the metro and make my way over to our area. It was so scary and I couldn't remember how the metro system worked, but it worked out and it was super fun!

The city is so fun! I love it. The ward is a lot like the branch in Gijon.  I like working with the wards a lot as well. My first Sunday here I was asked to bear my testimony, play the piano for sacrament meetings, and play for the primary from now on......nothing new:) The work is a lot different. We don't have a lot of investigators and we get fired on ALL the time, that’s not new, but contacting is super different. The problem isn't quantity, its quality:) But I have learned a lot. I feel a lot different here, confidence wise. I don't feel like a junior companion anymore. I feel like I can take control...:) I like it! Officially, I am no longer a junior companion, I am now considered a SENIOR Companion! Crazy! It's so weird feeling.  Movin' my way up the chain!:) The World Cup is HUGE here! There are always people cheering and singing in the streets! When Spain lost, the next day was THE WORST day to contact! NO ONE wanted to talk to you. It is still a touchy subject...

I am glad the week went well, that grandma's knee surgery went well and that girls camp was good. I love working with the youth here. I would love to serve in Young Women’s one day!

I read the paper Elder Beeton wrote. That is exactly what the ward here needs. It is funny how things work out like that. It is going to help a lot here! INSPIRATION! He sounds like a good missionary who worked hard.

I have learned so much about the atonement while I have been here. I don't think I really fully understood it before I left. It is such a big part of our everyday lives. That not only is it for our sins, but through the atonement and through our many imperfections, we can change. And each day, with hard work we can improve and get that much closer to Heavenly Father. But I think for me, a huge blessing is that the atonement isn't just a onetime gift. It is continuous. The process of change isn't just a snap. It's gradual and consistent. We will succeed and we will fall constantly. But if we are consistent and humble. The Lord will be consistent with us and lift us up. I like the scripture is the Book of Mormon talking about the Atonement and how Christ was raised on the cross by men so that men can be raised by him and his atonement. With the atonement and with Christ, we can get back up and move forward.

I love you guys and pray for you every night! Thank you for your love and support! Have a great week!

Hermana Brumble


Ps. this is my new address:

Hermana Makenzie Brumble

Calle de las Margaritas 13 2B

Madrid 28039

ESPANA

No comments:

Post a Comment