Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 31 in Spain! (1st Week in Madrid! 2nd area)

6/23/14

I am great! Right now I am on the bus (we can email on the bus! So cool!) on my way to my new area!!!!! Ahhh I'm so excited, but really nervous at the same time. Well, I'm not going to the Canaries, but I am going to the very center of Madrid! The area is called Cuatro Caminos. Imbgoingbto Barrio 1 (ward 1) everyone says its a really good ward.....and that there are a lot of Dominicans there. I'm right in the middle of the city and the stadium for Real Madrid is in my area! My new companion is Hermana Reyes. She is from Utah. She has about a year on the mission. Elder Nielsen said she was really nice and really blond. I'm excited. It will be good to change areas. Being in the North forever kind of makes you feel isolated. We called president Jackson yesterday to ask about a baptism we are having and he wanted to talk to me about the area I was going to. He said a lot of really nice things that gave me a little more confidence. We'll see what happens. It will be weird going from a tiny branch of 35 people to a ward. Hermana Endicott said that the work would be better too. I'm going to miss her a lot! Her and Elder Lee and Elder Nielsen were great and we are going to have so much fun when we all get home.

I'm glad that mom did well on her talk. She was nervous about it. Did she cry a lot? Dalia colindres wrote me about Derek. The work is so different in different areas. He struggles having time to get to all of their appointments, we struggle getting people to stop and listen to us. We talked a lot about attitude in our Zone Conference. Different areas may be harder or more challenging, but if you have a good attitude about what you are doing and know why you are there, it shouldn't matter where you are. Everyone told me when I started in the North that the North is so hard and that it is really draining, but I loved it, and even though it was hard, I know I did my best. I am really proud of what I have done and I really love that branch.

I loved what you said about being nervous as a new missionary. I remember exactly what that I felt like. When I found out about transfers, I felt exactly the same. Feelings of uncertainty, not knowing what lies ahead of you. It is hard not to feel like you just want to quit before anything bad or embarrassing happens, but I was reading in Moroni the other day and I can across some scriptures that I really liked and really helped me. Moroni 7:12-13, “Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is the evil continually. But behold, that which is of God invitheth and enticeth to do good contunually; wherefore, everything which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.” I know this is true, and for me, it has been a hard lesson, but those feelings of inadequacy don't come from Heavenly Father. He doesn't want us to fear or be afraid to do his will. When we have fear there is no room for faith. I know that when we have faith in our Heavenly Father and trust that he will take care of us, everything will work out and we will have no reason to fear.

I love you guys and can't wait to tell you about the new things I am doing. I am in Madrid right now with my new companion. I can tell there is going to be a lot of work to do and it is a lot different from Gijon, but Hermana Reyes seems great and it is beautiful here. I know Heavenly Father will be right by my side. If I have a good attitude and strive to leave this area better than I found it, everything will work out the way it is suppossed to. I love you. Thank you for your words of encouragement and love! Talk to you soon!

Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment