Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 35 in Spain! (5th in Madrid)

7/21/14

Today I went to Toledo and went shopping...

I am having a great time here. It is definitely a lot different contacting here. It isn't hard at all to get references in the streets, the difference is the people are a lot more flojo (I think this means laid back), so it is hard finding good investigators from it. We are struggling a little with investigators, the ones we do have that have a lot of potential work ALL THE TIME! I've also been struggling with confidence a little. I've been getting caught up in numbers and how I don't have as many baptisms and I would like, but I’ve been working hard and I know that numbers aren’t a reflection of our work. I know Heavenly Father is content and proud of the work I am doing. I know my purpose and I know I am fulfilling it to the best of my ability, Heavenly Father will provide the rest!

My interview went well, President is really concerned about this area for the Hermanas. They haven’t had success in a long time and I think if things don't start to improve he might take us out. That stresses me out, but he said some really comforting things and he trusts me a lot. I hope I can be help to the area. I'm trying really hard to stay positive.

We had Zone Conference before I left Gij'on. But we have another one coming up really soon which is weird. I excited though, it will be fun. We might even get iPads....who knows:)

We did go to the temple, It was great! My first time through all in Spanish! It was such a great experience. If you serve in Madrid, you go once every transfer. I am so excited to go more! It gives you so much strength and confidence. I hope I continue to go when I get home. That is something that I have really gained a testimony about while I’ve been here. We are so blessed to have the temple so close so we can partake of those blessings often.

Well I don't have much more time to email, so I'll leave it at that! Next week will be better hopefully, we are just planning on relaxing. I love you guys and I will talk to you soon!

Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment