Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week 9 in Gijon!

3/10/2014

This week has been pretty busy. We had our Zone Conference in Leon on Wednesday and have been trying to contact and teach more.
I have to really work hard on my Spanish now, and I´m getting tons better! you would think that learning a language would be this gradual incline, but it is more like a series of levels. You feel like you aren’t making any progress, and then you will jump up a level, and then you´ll feel like you´re not making any progress again. It is hard, but I feel like I understand the process, I just have to remind myself every once in a while that I´m just on the same level, but I am still moving forward.
Today we went to the police station to do my residency. It is so frustrating because ever since I got here we have been trying to get it done! We went to the place where I did my em-patronization and they said I had to do my residency in Oviedo. So they faxed my papers to Oviedo and told me they would call us. So we waited and waited and decided to go back to see what was going on and a different lady told us we couldn’t do it there and we had to go to a different building. So we went to a different building and they did and said the same thing. So we waited and waited and decided to go back and a man there told us that because my tax paper was from Madrid, they could not do it and to come back on Tuesday to get a tax paper from Gijón. We were so confused because every single time they told us something different. So today we decided to just go to the police station. They did it in like 30 min. We didn’t have to go to Oviedo, I did my finger printing and I just have to go back to pick up my card in about a month. And it is a good thing we went today because my visa stamp expires tomorrow! I am so mad at all those people that told us we had to go to Oviedo. Heavenly Father was watching out for us, I don’t know what I would have done. So I am relieved and thankful that that worked out. I CAN STAY IN SPAIN! HOORAY!

I have a speaking assignment on the 23rd of this month! I am speaking on Following the Prophet. I am so nervous! 10 minutes all in Spanish! But it will be good, and it will really help me practice.
I am glad you are all doing well. Tell grandma she is in my prayers. I know everything will work out. I am so excited for Joseph. I think about him all the time. I love him and am so thankful for the example he has been to me and our family. His has already been such a fantastic missionary. Hermana Zitting´s brother is in Honduras right now. She talks all the time about how great it is to have a brother serving at the same time with her. I am so excited to share these wonderful experiences with Joseph! It´s going to be great! She thinks he is going to the Philippines.
I love you and am so grateful for the sacrifices you are all making for me. Give my love to every one! I think and pray for you all!
Con Amor-Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment