Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 12 in Gijon, 4 month mark, & a new companion!

3/31/14

This week has been so hectic! Helping Hermana Zitting get ready to go, our baptism, and area training. It is crazy. I am a little stressed out, but I will be fine, if I use the stress to my advantage, this transfer could result in so much growth! Hermana Zitting said the transfer after you are trained is the transfer you learn the most.

The baptism was great! My FIRST baptism!!! And he’s Spanish!! Manuel was so cute! Everything went so well. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and we sang Our Savior’s Love. It was the best experience and the Spirit was amazing! I am definitely going to remember that day forever.




Sending Hermana Zitting home was so hard! I love her so much and am going to miss her. It was really emotional for me. She was so sweet and said so many sweet uplifting things. I was so worried about being without her, but she is so reassuring and kind. She always made me feel like a good missionary and is someone I really look up to. She has a super fuerte (strong) testimony and really teaches by example. She has a lot of love for everyone and missionary work. I am so excited to see her soon!



My new companion just got here this morning. I picked her up in Oviedo. Her name is Hermana Endicott. She is from Utah and has two younger brothers. One is the same age as Joseph and should be getting his mission call this week. She is 21 and went to college in Idaho, I think BYU Idaho. She is a literature major. She is so sweet and I already love her. She plays the piano, thank goodness!!! And she played volleyball in college. When Hermana and President Jackson talked to her about transfers, they said they had a really good feeling about us together in Gijón so I feel really good and I know we will see some great things happen. I am really excited and nervous, but we will figure it out together.

I wasn’t able to watch the women´s conference. That makes me sad, but I will be able to read the talks. I am excited and am sure they are amazing. This week was the time change for daylight savings. It was super rough because it was the night we got transfer calls and we stayed up late packing. So I haven’t really slept for two days because last night I had to sleep on Hermana John´s and Hermana Trones floor in Oviedo. But I will get good sleep tonight! General Conference is in the Capilla (chapel). I get to see all the sessions which is good. It is from 11-1 and 6-8 both Saturday and Sunday! I am so excited! Hopefully I will be able to understand most everything. If not, we get the Liahona at Zone Conference. Because of General Conference our time schedule changes those days from 7am to 11:00pm to 7:30am to 11:30 pm. It is good we get to sleep in, but I don’t really know what we are going to do in the evening. I guess street contacting! Hitting the pavement!

That is so exciting that more missionaries are going out! I email Ben a little and he is really excited to leave. I really admire Senior Missionaries. I love them so much. You have no idea how much they help full-time missionaries. They can be such a comfort. They made me and Hermana Endicott a loaf of bread. I hope I get to serve in an area with Senior Missionaries, they´re great!

It is crazy I have been out for 4 months!!! I am trying not to count, but I feel like each month again is such an accomplishment. I am so proud to say I have faithfully served for four months now. I am definitely not satisfied! I’m pretty sure they are going to have to drag me out of Spain. I don’t think I’ll be ready to leave. At least I will never stop being a missionary. Like Elder Anderson(?) said, we have a tag painted on our hearts! Member missionary dynamite!!! I am nervous, but I am excited for the many learning experiences I will have and how much I am going to grow! I love you guys! I hope everything is great! Say Hi to everyone and that I love them!! Oh, and please tell Grandma and Grandpa Brumble that I got their package and "Muchas gracias!! (thank you very much) Les quiero mucho!!!! (I love them so much) I love you!!! Having tons of fun in Spain!

¡Un Besito! (a kiss) Hermana Brumble



No comments:

Post a Comment