Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 6 In Gijon

2/17/14

So many things have happened this week! I have so much to tell you, it´s crazy.
So, first and probably most importantly, I have a fecha!!! ( a baptism date) Do you remember Nelson? WELL, he is from El Salvador and lived in the United States. He is the one that stopped us and asked if we spoke English. Well he hadn´t heard from him for a while and we were really worried that he lost interest. We were sitting down on a bench trying to get ahold of another investigator when this really tall man comes an sits down next to me. It was Nelson! His phone wasn’t working and he was just walking by and saw us. We had a lesson that night and he is preparing to be baptized on March 23! It is so great, I really hope everything works out. We are going to work so hard with him. I know he´s ready and he wants to find the truth so much. He is so prepared for the gospel.

Next, We had la comida at Carmelo´s and Vickie´s house on Tuesday. Carmelo is a councilor to President Florín. They feed us every other Tuesday and it is sooo good. I love them. They call me Hermana Princesa. They told us that this meal was extra special and that we probably weren´t going to have the opportunity to have it again. We asked what it was and they said we had to eat and then guess. We were all really nervous! It was really good and looked a lot like roast beef. It had a really strong after taste though. We started guessing and it turns out that.....It´s Kangaroo!!!!!! Ahhhh! I ate Kangaroo this week. Super crazy. It was really good....but I felt really bad afterward.

Another exciting thing is that Frank and Elvin Got the priesthood, and they were made Branch missionaries on Sunday. I am so excited for them and it will be so good for the Branch. I hope our missionary efforts will start to improve with more help from the Branch. It makes such a difference for investigators when the Branch or ward are really involved.

This Saturday was transfers. Hermana Zitting and I stayed the same, but our District Leader is going to Madrid and both Hermana Cansado and Griffen are going to Madrid. We are getting another Elder, but Hermana Zitting and I are going to be the ONLY sisters in Gijón!! Because the work has been super slow, there will only be 4 missionaries in Gijón now. Hermana Zitting and I gained all the hermana´s investigators and menos activos. Today has been crazy going through their area book and piso. It is going to be so hard, but I know it will be better and It is what the Lord wants. Wish us luck. I know better things are coming.

You´ll have to send me pictures from Hawaii! That’s so exciting, it will be so fun. The Weather has been crazy lately. It is getting a lot warmer, but so windy. The waves at the beach are HUGE! One day they were so big they took out fence and concrete. some people even died getting to close to take pictures! It is crazy. How is everyone? Bennett is so cute he is getting so big! I really appreciate all the e mails and support. Thank you for letting me know how everything is going. I really like still feeling like I know what is going on with everyone. It is comforting and helps we feel less far away. I can’t believe it’s been three months and I’m starting my second transfer!!! I feel like I have been here forever! I am loving every single second and cannot wait share everything with you all. I have learned so much and grown so much. I feel like a completely different person. Thank you for being so supportive and such a great example to me. I learned how to serve others through the example of you and mom. I look up to you both so much.

I love and miss you all! Besos! I needed to know Heavenly Father knows Hermana Brumble. I know he has a plan for me and is leading me to people to need my help.  I will be thinking of you!
 ¡Te Amo! Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment