Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 71 in Spain! (18th Week in Mostoles)

4/6/15

Hey,

This week has been interesting:) We had Zone Meeting in Fuenlabrada. I was asked to sing......Scary! I was singing and everything was going along just fine, but then when Hermana Spencer was playing all of the sudden the piano just stopped!!!!! I was singing, but in my head I was thinking "should I stop? should I keep going? what do I do?" by the time I came up with my answer to just keep going, the piano came back on just in time to finish the last part of the song:)

It was also Semana Santa this week! It was celebrated a lot differently than in Gijon. There were a lot of parades and people, but not happy parades....it was kind of sad and disturbing actually. They carried around this really huge statue of a dead Jesus, kind of like a funeral march and there were a lot of people dressed up like the Klu Klux Klan. In the MTC they told us not to talk to them:) It was neat to see, but I'm thankful that we focus more on the birth, life, and resurrection rather than his death:) It was really sad.

Conference was great! I had a lot of things answered that I had been struggling with. It has been really interesting to me how easy it has been to apply what they say to myself during the time I've been a missionary. Before the mission when I watched it I listened and learned but I've never felt such a connection to the spirit and the words of the speakers. I decided that I wanted to listen to it in Spanish because it will be my last time on the mission. I really enjoyed it. I'm really going to miss it. I really loved President Packer’s talk and Elder Holland’s as well. The women’s conference talked a lot about marriage and families.....YIKES! I really liked Elder Wilcox’s talk about hearing the music and not just following the steps to the dance. Sometimes I feel like that and I have to stop and adjust something to really hear the spirit and know the importance of what I'm doing. There were a lot of things that I think Heavenly Father was trying to tell me. It was a good way to end conference as a missionary.

Today we went to Getafe to this really big park with the elders in our district and some missionaries in Leganes. It was really fun, we had a picnic and played Futbol. And then we took a walk to this catholic church with a big statue of Christ at the top. It was really cool and I took some pictures. I'll have to send them next time. I've been having a ton of fun with the elders in our district. Transfers are coming up this week and I'm worried that I'll go. I really hope I stay, but It's not about what I want:)

I hope you guys had a great week! I love you all:) Keep going!

Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment