Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 38 in Spain! (8th in Madrid)

8/11/14

My week was AMAZING! WE had such a great week! We had a lot of lessons and worked so hard. It feels good when you don't have a lot of down time. A lot of people are gone on vacations right now so it's been pretty slow, but this week was a good change. We received a lot of good people that have some potential, so I’m great! I'm not sure if we'll have a baptism anytime soon, but I feel good about what we're doing.

We have been having some weird things happen in our piso, and some bad feelings, so we had it blessed. I feel a lot better in it now and we haven't had anything happen in it since, so it think we're good. The Elders who lived in it weren't being obedient and we found some things that they weren't supposed to have, so I think that's why the spirit wasn't there, but we cleaned it out and blessed it, so things should be better.

I wish we would have a storm here, ITS HOT! That's one thing I miss about the North, It was always cool and usually always raining. Here there is no wind and no rain, just sun! So the heat just sits.

I miss gardening. I miss plants in general. The city is a lot different. I don't think I could be a city girl. I'd go crazy after a while. I think I am going to buy a cactus. :)

I would love to go to the Castle Valley Pageant! That sounds like a lot of fun! I’ve been reading Our Heritage lately, I love church history, it’s really interesting. We'll have to plan a trip.

I have learned a lot about the importance of follow up. If we don't follow up there is no way to know if people are progressing, if there are problems you don’t know about, or questions that haven’t been answered. It shows that you aren't serious about what you are teaching and that the investigators don’t have to take the commitments seriously. A commitment without a follow up is nothing and you're really just wasting time. Also following up in our prayers. Every night it has been so important to me to go over the things that has been happening that week and that day. Like a daily report of the things we are doing. So He knows what we are doing, what we need, what our investigators need, and then He can help us feel and know what we need to improve on. I've really felt my testimony and relationship with my Heavenly Father change just because of that one basic principle of follow up.

I like that story too (story of Abe and Neva from the Castle Valley Pageant). It is so important that we have goals and know what is important in our lives and then to align our lives so that we can achieve those goals. We can’t have a goal and tell Heavenly Father that's what we want and hope it works out. It is us who needs to exercise our agency and work for what we want, but to also be aware and sensitive to spiritual promptings he gives us just in case we are a little off of the path, so we can change, repent, and move forward. Sometimes we will even have to turn around.

One thing that happened to me that I have avoided until a couple days ago is that I got BESOS (kissed)!!!!! We contacted this crazy in the street who was just going on and on about his weird philosophies, he didn't look crazy, but he was, then he started getting super creepy and gave me besos, so gross! At least we got a street lesson out of it and his number......we gave the number to the elders though. :) yuck!!

We met with Pascual and Ana again. He is the one that is blind and served in the US Airforce for 25 years and speaks perfect English! He's met a bunch of super important ambassadors and is super cool! He showed us a bunch of pictures and his certificate. He showed us the American flag the US gave him. He is so cool. He even flew in the B-28? I can't remember, but it is a famous one! He wants to call you to tell you that we are lifelong friends and to tell you that I'm safe and that I have a home with them. He and his wife are so cute. I'm not too worried about their salvation. :) I sing for them and he sings Frank Sinatra for us, he's cute.

I sure love you guys! you are in my prayers every night! Thank you for everything, for you love and examples to me! Have a great week!

Hermana Brumble


No comments:

Post a Comment