Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 18 in Gijon!

5/12/14

I loved seeing you and talking to you guys. I was so nervous about it and worried about it. It is weird, I feel like I have been here for so long, but for such a short time at the same time. I didn’t want to Skype and find out that everyone has changed and is different. But right when I saw you guys it felt so normal, like I saw you yesterday. I felt so much peace after and could relax and just talk to you like normal. I think missionaries who are going home have the same problem, they get worried about all the changes that have happened and how they are going to catch up with everything. But I think when I see you it will feel right and it will be just like normal. I think that’s how we will feel when we see Heavenly Father as well. We will see him and remember everything, and it will be just normal!

I was so stressed about transfers, everyone thought for sure I was leaving! But nothing changed in our whole district! Elder Abplanalp went home, which is sad, I am going to miss him a lot, he was a really good district leader and a really funny guy. So Elder Nielson will be Elder Lee’s companion. Elder Lee and Elder Nielson are both the Zone leaders! That is so weird having both the Zone leaders in one area, usually they aren’t companions. It will be interesting, but cool, Hermana Endicott and I will get all the cool Zone Leader inside scoop:) Other than that everything is the same.

I told you last night we had been contacting all the time! Literally all we had been doing was contacting and at first it was so frustrating because we were going nowhere, we couldn’t see how Heavenly Father was blessing us for all the hard work, but I think he was, I improved in a lot of things and have become a better missionary because of all the contacting we have done. Sometimes I think we have specific blessings in mind that we think we need, but Heavenly Father know best and knows what we really need. We have been blessed with two really good investigators. Alexander walked in with his family one day and said that two sister missionaries contacted him on the bus a couple of months ago and gave him the address to the church but he could never find it! He was at his brother’s soccer game when he saw the church and said "Hmmm I think that might be the church of those two girls." So he and his mom and little brother walked in and here we are! He is so golden and is a really good person. I really hope he continues to progress. Nelly is the woman from Honduras that we contacted on the street! She is so cute and so sweet and really loves the teachings from the church. She wants to go to church so bad. All we can do is pray right now, but she is such a sweet person and does everything we ask her to do.

I do remember Brother Ferrin. That is really sad, him and his wife were really good examples of missionary work. They were really cute. I hope the Turley’s are doing ok.

I love you!

Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment