Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 16 in Gijon!

4/28/14

This week has been crazy! We had a super hard week last week and knew that we were going to need to work super hard. We prayed and made goals and felt really good about the things that we were going to accomplish. Then, Hermana Endicott got the flu on Monday and that lasted till Tuesday! That was so frustrating!!! We couldn’t do anything! I literally sat at home with nothing to do. Before, that would have been wonderful, but on the mission it is the WORST feeling on the face of the Earth! I cleaned, cooked, read the scriptures, and watched all the movies we have and can watch (which aren’t many) and when they were gone I watched them another 5 times! AHHH! We couldn’t understand why this was happening! We had done everything we were supposed to do. I decided that it was something that I had to learn, like every other trial we face. Heavenly Father was blessing us, we just couldn’t see what it was. Then on Wednesday, we were finally able to go out and work again, and every single one of our lessons fired on us! We were struggling, but we decided that we would be diligent and have faith that Heavenly father would bless us. By the end of this week we had more lessons than last week and had received more investigators. It wasn’t the best week, but considering that we lost the first 3 days and literally didn’t have anything until Thursday, it has been a good week. I know Heavenly Father answered our prayers. Sometimes He doesn’t bless us exactly when we want or in the way we are expecting, but He does bless us. He knows what we need better than we know ourselves. I am truly thankful for the blessings I have received from him.

I started crying in the Locutorio (shop, place where she reads email) when I read Joseph’s letter. I am so unbelievably proud of my brother. He is such a good example of hard work and dedication and doing things that we know will be hard. He is such a good example to me and I know this is a blessing from Heavenly Father. Joseph has been called by God to go to Uruguay, just like I have been called by God to go to Spain. It is where he is meant to be. I have a strong testimony of that. I have met and talked to so many people that I know I was supposed to talk to. Whether it was to help them or for them to help me. This is the most sacred and special experience I have ever had and I know it will be the same for Joseph. I have never felt so close to my Heavenly Father. I can’t wait to see the miracles that will happen from Joseph’s mission. He is a miracle in my life and I know he will be a miracle in the lives of the people in Uruguay. They are so blessed to have him! I remember feeling exactly the way he did. I was unsure at first. Fear and doubt start running through your mind. It is only natural, but even before this life we accepted our calls. Eventually the Spirit starts to comfort you and remind you of the decision you made to serve before you came here. Joseph is absolutely right. I couldn’t imagine going anywhere else in the world but Spain. Our Spirits and the Holy Ghost are stronger than the natural man. That fear and doubt just went away and I was ready to go. I am so excited for him. I can’t wait to share our experiences together. I hope this will bring us closer together as brother and sister and children of our Heavenly Father. It has become more real to me that I won’t be seeing him for another two years and it is extremely possible that things won’t be the same when we get back, but I am excited for the future and I know Heavenly Father will bless us.

Thanks for your e-mails and the love and support from everyone! I love you!

Hermana Brumble

No comments:

Post a Comment