Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kenzie in Gijon

¡Mi familia!
Ok, so I have information for tomorrow! I am leaving the MTC at 8:00 in the morning. From there, I will be walking over to the stake center (it’s across the street). At the stake center, President and Sister Jackson will be picking us up to take us to lunch. After lunch, we will be going back to the stake center to receive our area and companion. President told me that some companions will not be able to pick us up because they are too far. Cross your fingers for me!! I had a meeting with President Jackson and his wife yesterday. It was just a get to know you meeting. It was so fun! They are both so nice and hilarious, they are definitely not what I was expecting. I am so excited and so nervous. My time here has definitely changed my life and I’ve learned so much. The adversary is definitely making me feel weak and inadequate. But I know that’s just making me realize how much we need the Savior in our lives, because with Him, I am strong. Alma 26:12.
I love you all, and will let you know as soon as I can where I live:)!
Give hugs and kisses to everyone!!-Hermana Brumble
PS They told us we would find out the day before if we were going to the Canary Islands because we can only bring one suitcase...still no word...
Received from Sister Jackson, the wife of Kenzie's mission president.
:
Dear Parents of Hermana Brumble,

We received your daughter into our mission Tuesday morning. We brought her
to the Mission Home and fed her lunch. She was excited, and seemed ready to
get to work. We enjoyed spending a good part of the day with her to tell her
about our Mission and to get to know her better. She is wonderful.

We discussed the new 12 week training program. During this 12 week period,
your daughter will have an extra hour of companion study each day, and will
be given specific things that she must report to the Mission President. We
know that this is an inspired program, and will help missionaries learn to
be better teachers and better followers of Christ. Please encourage your
daughter in this program. It will help her to develop tools that will help
her to have a successful mission, and a more successful and fulfilling life
after her mission.

Hermana Brumble has been assigned to the city of Gijon, on the north coast
of Spain. She will work with Hermana Zitting, who is from Tennessee. She is
a happy, obedient missionary and will be a good first companion for your
daughter. Hermana Brumble took the night train with another new Hermana and
will arrive in the middle of the night in Gijon. Her companion will be
waiting for her there.

Please send any letters or packages to the Mission Office for the duration
of her mission. We have such a large mission area and mail times are very
unpredictable, so that if she gets transferred while the mail is in transit
it is very difficult to track her down. Don't forget to put her first name
on the package!
Our mailing address:

Calle Fuerteventura, 4
2nda Planta, Oficina 2.8B
San Sebastian de los Reyes, 28703
Madrid, Spain

Our Preparation Day is on Monday. Hermana Brumble is instructed to email her
immediate family every week. We look forward to getting to know her and
working along side her in this great work here in the Spain, Madrid Mission.
We already love her. Thank you for sharing her with us!

Sincerely,
President and Sister Jackson




No comments:

Post a Comment