Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Year and off to the MISSION FIELD!

¡Mi Familia!

¡Feliz Año Nuevo! I am still LOVING missionary work. I will be leaving the MTC on Tuesday at 8 o’clock in the morning. I have to walk to the Stake Center where I will be receiving my first assignment. I am so nervous, I feel like I´ve only been here a week, but I´m ready to leave and start the work. I don’t know much about the plans after that, so the next time I email, I will be in my first area already. Please pray for me so that I can have courage and confidence. I know it will be great and words can´t describe how ready I am. I cannot believe it´s already happening though. Time flies be so fast here.

Sounds like Christmas was so fun. Thanks for all the pictures , I enjoyed seeing you all! Don’t worry about the packages, I had a wonderful Christmas. It was so spiritual, it will definitely be something I will remember for the rest of my life.

New years has been so much fun! Last night we watched a Sound of Music! And we stayed up ‘till midnight. We watched the ball drop in Madrid, and as a Spanish tradition we stuffed 12 grapes in our mouth, one for every time the bell rang. That was a lot of fun. This morning we slept ‘till 8am and had Nutella crepes, scrambled eggs, and fruit for breakfast. After emailing, we will have a treasure hunt, lunch, then we are going to a park to play volleyball, soccer and bike riding. We will then come back, eat dinner, and have a devotional. Today will be so fun! I kind of wish we were having some sort of class though, just so I feel a little bit more prepared for Tuesday. But I am going to try to practice my Spanish as much as I can! What will you guys do for New Years?

I am going to miss the MTC a lot. I think mostly because of all the devotionals we have, the speakers we listen to, and going to the temple ever week. The spirit is always here and it’s amazing. This Sunday I sang a solo!! So scary!!! It was “I Know Heavenly Father Loves Me” from the Primary Children Song book (in honor of mom). I got a little emotional while practicing thinking about her. I miss her a lot and love her so much. I miss all of you a lot!:) But I don’t miss being home, it’s a weird feeling. I love it here and can´t imagine being anywhere else. The song went really well though, I even sang it in Spanish!!.

On Mondays we have youth groups come and we sing to them, and then President Sitterud picks two missionaries at random to tell them why they decided to serve a mission and bear their testimony. I had a feeling before we sang that he was going to pick me... I was right. I was so nervous, but in the best Spanglish I could remember I did it! Ha! It was so scary, and I’m pretty sure they didn’t understand a thing, but hopefully they felt the spirit. I have a feeling that´s how most of my lessons will be for about six months.

I am so excited to receive my first area. Melilla would be fun, But I´m a little skeptical about going anywhere there is a beach. I´d be too tempted to swim:) Anywhere will be great though.

Can´t wait to start and to get out there!! I love all of you and can´t wait to share more experiences with you! Thank you for your love and support! I am going to try to send pictures soon! Love you!

Love,
Hermana Brumble!!!
Spain MTC Christmas Program
 Christmas singing in the Nursing Home, Madrid Spain







No comments:

Post a Comment